TrueNorth Cultural Arts (TNCA) is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation in the State of Ohio that offers opportunities in the arts for all of the citizens of Lorain County and beyond. TNCA has grown into an organization serving over 60,000 customers annually. TNCA provides performance and educational opportunities at affordable rates while striving to meet the following goals:
- Making TNCA financially sound
- Providing Accessible opportunities
- Providing family friendly opportunities
- Offering performances of the highest quality possible
- Offering diverse opportunities
TrueNorth is a multidisciplinary arts organization committed to building and strengthening individuals and communities through the performing, visual and the literary arts.
TrueNorth accomplishes its mission and vision, while fostering these shared values-inclusiveness, community-responsiveness, integrity in operations, and advocacy of the creative arts.
Our vision is two-fold: To educate, equip, and empower individuals so they can embrace and succeed in the creative arts; and to envision and encourage communities where creative arts and art appreciation flourish.
To transform lives through engagement in the arts…
- Art can and does impact the artist, their audience, and their community.
- Art describes the reality of what is, but also the possibility of what can be.
- All art is meant to be shared thus the audience is a valuable part of the artistic cycle.
- Art comes full circle when there is interaction between artist and audience.
Encouraging multi-disciplinary art forms and their integration
- Art, in its many forms, can offer expressions of thoughts, fears, and dreams that go beyond words, and can motivate beyond speeches.
- We value and encourage a wide range of artistic endeavors and expressions, recognizing that different forms and expressions often move different people.
- We believe that various expressions should encourage, inspire and reinforce each other, not compete with one another.
- The individual artist and their gift, while significant alone, are enhanced when they are a part of a multi-disciplinary arts community (just as a solo voice or instrument, while beautiful on its own, becomes another expression of beauty when a part of a full orchestra).
Educating, equipping, and empowering artists and audiences
- Through the arts we learn about ourselves, about others, and about the world around us.
- This knowledge provides insight and power that we use to encourage and build up others.
- The arts enlighten and strengthen individuals, communities, and societies.
Celebrating the gifts of the novice through the professional
- The artistic expressions of both the novice and the professional can be profound and inspiring.
- The development of artistic gifts and talent is the responsibility of both the individual and the community.
Fostering mentoring relationships
- Mentoring relationships are powerful tools for growth – artistically and personally
Developing new works, artists, and expressions
- An important part of being an arts community is the incubation of new art and artists, as well as the performing of popular, traditional and classical works.
- The presentation of new or commissioned works provides opportunities for additional artistry. The process of premiering new works is like non-other. Having an entire team part of the originality and creativity of bringing a new work to life, builds an art center to a higher level.
Collaborating with other arts organizations
- While the tendency and the temptation is to compete, arts organizations benefit far more by sharing resources, encouraging, and promoting each other.
Being a safe, respectful, faith-encouraging arts community
- TrueNorth was founded on Christian principles. Thus we welcome all people and do everything possible to provide a safe and respectful environment where a person’s faith is encouraged.
- All staff and volunteers are expected to be proactive in upholding this environment.
Expecting excellence in all things
- We are committed to excellence in what we do and how we do it.
As a result:
We enrich and strengthen our communities by our presence
- Art has been and will continue to play a vital role in the transformation of individuals and of society itself.